Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Cannot Print Double Sided

I am using a Late Model 2013 iMac running on macOS Catalina version 10.15.7. I am using an Epson XP-4100 Series printer and I am unable to print double-sided. It won't allow me to do double-sided from Google Docs in Chrome, and printing from the system dialogue shows the option greyed out. When I go into settings>printers>options>options I do not see it either (I know this has been a fix in the past).

The only way I could get it to go double-sided was by downloading the file from Google Docs and opening it up in Microsoft Word. Then I could select double print features. It worked fine from my printer.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 11:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:19 PM

**UPDATE**

Hopefully, this response can help someone in my situation down the road. I tried so many technical things to solve this issue. I even created new accounts on my mac to see if it was "user-specific". I found that I could print double-sided in Microsoft Word from my iMac, and I could print double-sided from any other device to my printer.

So after about an hour of chat with the Apple Support team, the man simply asked me to "delete the printer and add it back". THIS WORKED. This sounded like a last-ditch resort because obviously, it had to be something more technical. But nope, this worked!

So if your printer suddenly stops printing double-sided, keep it simple. Delete the printer from your list of printers, and simply add it back. Boom. This works. Even in Google Drive.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 8:19 PM in response to brandonag12

**UPDATE**

Hopefully, this response can help someone in my situation down the road. I tried so many technical things to solve this issue. I even created new accounts on my mac to see if it was "user-specific". I found that I could print double-sided in Microsoft Word from my iMac, and I could print double-sided from any other device to my printer.

So after about an hour of chat with the Apple Support team, the man simply asked me to "delete the printer and add it back". THIS WORKED. This sounded like a last-ditch resort because obviously, it had to be something more technical. But nope, this worked!

So if your printer suddenly stops printing double-sided, keep it simple. Delete the printer from your list of printers, and simply add it back. Boom. This works. Even in Google Drive.

Jan 29, 2021 5:32 PM in response to brandonag12

Hello brandonag12,

We understand that you're not seeing the option to for two-sided printing in some applications, and we'd like to provide some information.

The two-sided printing option appears only if your printer supports two-sided printing, and the Print dialog options can vary by app.

"After you choose File > Print, the Print dialog appears so you can select a printer and set print options. The Print dialog shows different options depending on your printer and the app you’re using. If you see a Show Details button, click it to see all the available options."

You can find more information about printing options, and two-sided printing here:

Choose settings in the Print dialog on Mac

Take care!

Mac Cannot Print Double Sided

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.