Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

setting up an old ipad mini, all backups are incompatible. How do i continue without using a backup?

setting up an old ipad mini, all backups are incompatible. How do i continue without using a backup?

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Jan 28, 2021 7:02 AM in response to sberman

tried that, but setup forces you to pick a backup selection, even though all backups were grayed out and said "incompatible." But I did figure it out. I had to connect old iPad to computer and iTunes, force a software update, and then reset to factory settings. Then I was able select "manual set up - do not use backup."

Sadly, I think all of this was in vain. Most apps require higher IoS than this iPad mini 2 can support anymore, even when setting say it's compatible. Download just circles forever. Forced into upgrading....when all I use this for in reading books. :-(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.