Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tried to update. Two hours later failed update and iPod frozen

I had an update available for my iPod Touch Generation 7. Two hours later update failed and now my iPod has a black restore frozen screen with white plug and white computer picture. Tried different plugs, restarting pc, pushing buttons as suggested. No luck. Still frozen! What do I do?

iPod, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 8:18 PM

If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203122

2 replies

Jan 28, 2021 5:43 AM in response to bobjbkln

I still see the restore screen after trying to restart. I reinstalled iTunes and it still doesn't recognize the iPod. Ran a diagnostic with iTunes and it says no iPod found. My PC doesn't recognize the iPod. The unit is just frozen. I can turn it off by holding top button and turn back on by holding button again. The Apple insignia pops up for a second then the same black restore screen comes up. Nothing else comes up. Any suggestions. Thanks for trying to help.

Tried to update. Two hours later failed update and iPod frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.