Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help with my phone

I am trying to restore my phone to factory settings and it won’t let me some one has hacked into if please tell me what I should do

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 27, 2021 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 1:09 AM

If you are the owner of the iPhone or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner of the iPhone and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password to you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their apple ID.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Trucker1234

If you are the owner of the iPhone or the owner has shared all information with you then to open Activation Lock:- If it is Activation locked, read here --> Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support Activation Lock for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Learn how to remove a device from a previous owner's account.

If you are not the owner of the iPhone and do not have the Apple ID and Password then there is no way that you can get into this iPhone unless the original owner shares the Apple ID and password to you. If you are lucky you can get into this iPhone if they (owner) accidentally remove the device from their apple ID.

Jan 28, 2021 1:09 AM in response to Trucker1234

iOS / iPadOS devices cannot be hacked or infected with Virus / Malware / Spyware if it is updated to latest iOS/iPadOS, unless you have intentionally downloaded spurious softwares or unauthorized apps directly from the internet and installed on your device or/and have Jail Broken. 

It (Hacking) also depends on how careful are you in sharing sensitive and valuable information pertaining to your iPhone such as Passcode, Password etc with your friends and family members.

Be careful when sharing the device's sensitive and valuable information with friends and family members.

Thumb Rules:

1. Enable  Guided Access before handing over an iPhone to kids
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jail Break
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device and payment methods
  5. Beware of Phishing

Need help with my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.