Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone xs does not turn off

I can't turn off the iPhone xs on my iPhone , it turns on itself without external influence

iPhone XS, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 8:03 PM

Wayyyyyy,

Thanks for clarifying the issue you're experiencing.

Going forward, by chance do you use a case with your iPhone? If so, we'd recommend removing the case temporarily and test the issue again. This can help determine if the case is putting some unwanted pressure on the Side button causing the iPhone to power on unexpectedly.

If you don't use a case, or if the issue persists without a case on the iPhone, then from here we'd recommend looking into having your iPhone inspected further for possible hardware related issues. Check out your local options for iPhone hardware service here: Find Locations - Apple

Have a great day!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2021 8:03 PM in response to Wayyyyyy

Wayyyyyy,

Thanks for clarifying the issue you're experiencing.

Going forward, by chance do you use a case with your iPhone? If so, we'd recommend removing the case temporarily and test the issue again. This can help determine if the case is putting some unwanted pressure on the Side button causing the iPhone to power on unexpectedly.

If you don't use a case, or if the issue persists without a case on the iPhone, then from here we'd recommend looking into having your iPhone inspected further for possible hardware related issues. Check out your local options for iPhone hardware service here: Find Locations - Apple

Have a great day!

Feb 1, 2021 7:16 AM in response to Wayyyyyy

Hi there Wayyyyyy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're having issues with powering your iPhone off, and the device is powering on unexpectedly, and we'd be happy to help.

To get started, can your provide us with a few more details on what you're seeing on your iPhone display? For example, if the iPhone stuck with just an Apple logo on the display, or is your iPhone showing the Home or Lock screen?

If only seeing an Apple logo, let's give the steps listed in the following resource a try, and let us know if that helps: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen

If you're seeing something else, provide us with a few more details about the issue, and we'll continue from there.

Take care!

Feb 3, 2021 10:26 PM in response to ryane77

See, when I just want to turn off the phone (for example, on a plane or for the whole night so as not to be disturbed), it turns off and after a minute it turns on randomly. At the same time, the phone is lying on the table without moving. I would really like to know why this is happening. How do I turn it off for a long time?? ))

iphone xs does not turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.