Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPort Express slow

Both of my AirPort Extreme routers (Model 1392) are slow. My provider's router has 250Mbps download and 50Mpps upload speed. Both with a LAN cable and with the router's WLAN. To expand my network in the house, I connected both AirPort Extremes to this router with LAN cables. The two AirPort Extreme stations only have 80Mbps download via LAN cable and even less in the WLAN network. I tested this with different cables but found no bug. I would be very happy for help!

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 4:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:02 AM

Both of my AirPort Extreme routers (Model 1392) are slow.

Model A 1392 is not an AirPort Extreme......it is an AirPort Express, so you may not be very happy with our "help".

The AirPort Express has only 100 Mpbs Ethernet ports so the theoretical maximum speed that the AirPort Express could ever produce would be 100 Mbps with either Ethernet or Wireless connections.

In the real world, the AirPort Express typically checks out at 70-80 Mbps, so your AirPort Express devices are performing normally. My Express checked out at about 64 Mbps a few minutes ago, so your Expresses are doing pretty well.

The AirPort Extreme models do have 1,000 Mbps Ethernet ports, so you would need to use this model or another router with 1,000 Ethernet ports if you need higher speeds.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 7:02 AM in response to ludwig272

Both of my AirPort Extreme routers (Model 1392) are slow.

Model A 1392 is not an AirPort Extreme......it is an AirPort Express, so you may not be very happy with our "help".

The AirPort Express has only 100 Mpbs Ethernet ports so the theoretical maximum speed that the AirPort Express could ever produce would be 100 Mbps with either Ethernet or Wireless connections.

In the real world, the AirPort Express typically checks out at 70-80 Mbps, so your AirPort Express devices are performing normally. My Express checked out at about 64 Mbps a few minutes ago, so your Expresses are doing pretty well.

The AirPort Extreme models do have 1,000 Mbps Ethernet ports, so you would need to use this model or another router with 1,000 Ethernet ports if you need higher speeds.

AirPort Express slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.