Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I bought a new iPad and with that I received a year free Apple TV. And I’m also being charge because I had other subscription. How do I cancel the past subscription but keep my free year.

I bought a brand new iPad in 2020 it came with a free year subscription to Apple TV. I had a past Apple TV subscription which I want to cancel since I get the free year with my recent purchase. How can I cancel the old subscription and enjoy the new subscription.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 4:02 PM

The one-year AppleTV+ is a one-time offer applied to your AppleID account

Whilst the offer is linked to the purchase of a qualifying device, ultimate eligibility is determined by your AppleID. If you have never previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, purchase of a qualifying device provides an opportunity to try the AppleTV+ subscription service, free, for a year; the offer must be redeemed within 60-days of initial activation of the qualifying device.

If you have at any time previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, under terms of the offer (see the small-print), you’ll not be eligible for this offer. Cancelling your current AppleTV+ subscription will not reset your eligibility - but will immediately cancel a paid subscription and lose access to content for the remainder of the period for which advance payment has already been made.

You can check eligibility here:

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 4:02 PM in response to Amypeele

The one-year AppleTV+ is a one-time offer applied to your AppleID account

Whilst the offer is linked to the purchase of a qualifying device, ultimate eligibility is determined by your AppleID. If you have never previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, purchase of a qualifying device provides an opportunity to try the AppleTV+ subscription service, free, for a year; the offer must be redeemed within 60-days of initial activation of the qualifying device.

If you have at any time previously had an AppleTV+ subscription, under terms of the offer (see the small-print), you’ll not be eligible for this offer. Cancelling your current AppleTV+ subscription will not reset your eligibility - but will immediately cancel a paid subscription and lose access to content for the remainder of the period for which advance payment has already been made.

You can check eligibility here:

https://offers.appletvapp.apple/

I hope this clarification is helpful to you.

I bought a new iPad and with that I received a year free Apple TV. And I’m also being charge because I had other subscription. How do I cancel the past subscription but keep my free year.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.