Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PMEDIA showing on iPhone music album listing

Just loaded some new music from iTunes 12.3 on to iPhone 12 with iOS 14.4 and the album listing is showing as PMEDIA but playing the tracks shows the right title of the track. Reloaded all my music but not solved the problem. Any ideas?

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 2:26 PM

2 replies

Jan 31, 2021 12:24 PM in response to ChrisBrod

Hi ChrisBrod,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the song title showing the incorrect information on your Music app. We're happy to help.

To clarify, are these songs downloaded from the iTunes Store or imported content synced to your iPhone using iTunes? If it's the latter, we'd recommend checking the song data is correct when viewed in iTunes. If needed, the guide here can help: Change song and CD information in iTunes on PC. If you sync using a Mac, the steps can be found here: Change song and CD information in Music on Mac

If the issue remains, test re-importing the content and syncing your iPhone to test. Next, test a force close of the Music app on your iPhone and restart. You can view those steps below, if needed.

How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

We hope the information helps. Reach out if there's anything else we can assist with, or you have any trouble locating the data for the songs when viewed on your computer.

Cheers!

Feb 11, 2021 8:50 PM in response to ChrisBrod

@ChrisBrod What's good?? Try to find a program that allows you to edit ID3 tags. Once you edit those then you'll be able to import it into iTune correctly. You can also try editing the album info in iTunes. Right click or "two finger click" and select "get info". Old habits die hard.... I think it's called Music now after the Catalina update. I hope that helps.

PMEDIA showing on iPhone music album listing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.