Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need to update my desktop computer with the new 14.4. I can request it on my iPad and my iPhone but not sure about this IMac?

Do I need to upgrade my desktop computer to the IOS14.4, I do not see the option in apple store upgrades? I can force the upgrade on my iPhone and iPad.

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:14 PM

Hi Sapperbob,

Macs run macOS, not iOS.

Currently, the newest version of macOS is Big Sur 11.1, however, your iMac may not support this. To get the newest updates on your iMac, for macOS Mojave or later, go to System Preferences > Software Update and check there. For macOS High Sierra and earlier, go to the App Store > Updates tab.

For both, you can go to the Apple Menu (in the top left) > About this Mac > Software Update.

Cheers,

Jack

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 3:14 PM in response to Sapperbob

Hi Sapperbob,

Macs run macOS, not iOS.

Currently, the newest version of macOS is Big Sur 11.1, however, your iMac may not support this. To get the newest updates on your iMac, for macOS Mojave or later, go to System Preferences > Software Update and check there. For macOS High Sierra and earlier, go to the App Store > Updates tab.

For both, you can go to the Apple Menu (in the top left) > About this Mac > Software Update.

Cheers,

Jack

Do I need to update my desktop computer with the new 14.4. I can request it on my iPad and my iPhone but not sure about this IMac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.