Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing the name of my different devices under same ID

How do I change the name of my devices if I have the same Apple ID used on them? My husband and I use the same Apple account and he hates that his phone comes up “Amanda's IPhone” when he calls someone.

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 3:19 PM

Change device names on the devices themselves. On iPhones and iPads at Settings > General > About > Name. On Mac computers at Apple menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name.

Also, sharing an Apple ID is usually not recommended as it results in iCloud data being synced (including deleting from all devices when something is deleted from 1 device) when you may not want it to. You can still share selected things if desired by using Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple

But be aware than changing to separate IDs is not easy if you have been sharing for some time.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 3:19 PM in response to Snyderbabies

Change device names on the devices themselves. On iPhones and iPads at Settings > General > About > Name. On Mac computers at Apple menu > System Preferences > Sharing > Computer Name.

Also, sharing an Apple ID is usually not recommended as it results in iCloud data being synced (including deleting from all devices when something is deleted from 1 device) when you may not want it to. You can still share selected things if desired by using Family Sharing. Family Sharing - Apple

But be aware than changing to separate IDs is not easy if you have been sharing for some time.

Changing the name of my different devices under same ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.