Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi i want to register my mackbook air but im not

I don't have internet but I want to register a new/used 2018 MacBook Air I purchased recently.

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 4:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 4:41 PM

First, yes, you do need an internet connection to not only register it, but to do anything at all on the internet.

Second, if the warranty has expired, there is no need to register it. Apple will recognize the serial number in their system if you need a repair.

And, third, if you buy a device either from Apple or an authorized reseller, your device will be registered automatically nowadays - there is no longer an option to add it manually.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 4:41 PM in response to Lukalobo151

First, yes, you do need an internet connection to not only register it, but to do anything at all on the internet.

Second, if the warranty has expired, there is no need to register it. Apple will recognize the serial number in their system if you need a repair.

And, third, if you buy a device either from Apple or an authorized reseller, your device will be registered automatically nowadays - there is no longer an option to add it manually.

Hi i want to register my mackbook air but im not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.