Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

add memory to new 21.5 iMac

can more memory be added to current 21.5 iMac?

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 6:18 PM

5 replies

Jan 28, 2021 6:50 PM in response to Donjay

In addition to Mike's advice, the cost of service to upgrade the RAM (assuming you have a 21.5" that can be upgraded) can be expensive as iMacs are difficult and time consuming to take apart and put back together again. I think you would be better served to upgrading to an external SSD if you are using a hard disk based system including a Fusion drive.

Jan 30, 2021 7:30 AM in response to rkaufmann87

Thanks again for your reply but I ordered a 21.5" iMac model no. MHK23LLA from Costco.com (online w/free shipping). The next day I was in the local Costco warehouse and saw they had a 21.5" iMac that was $200 more than the online unit and when I checked out why, found out it was model MHK33LLA that was "late 2020" version with more features but still 8GB memory. I think I will be able to live with that. Bottom line is I was able to cancel the online order and brought the warehouse unit home with me.

There were some perks included in the Costco purchase price. DJH

add memory to new 21.5 iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.