Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My MyFitnessPal subscription didn’t update on the app. But my card was charged

how to update the app to reflect my premium subscription renewal

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 8:09 AM

Hello silvababie,

It sounds as though the MyFitnessPal application isn't acknowledging the Premium subscription you've enrolled in. To clarify, is it asking you to enroll in the subscription when attempting to open the app? If so, you may want to try the steps out outlined in the following article.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you're having different issues please let us know in more detail about the issues you're facing.

Have a great day

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 8:09 AM in response to silvababie

Hello silvababie,

It sounds as though the MyFitnessPal application isn't acknowledging the Premium subscription you've enrolled in. To clarify, is it asking you to enroll in the subscription when attempting to open the app? If so, you may want to try the steps out outlined in the following article.

If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won't open

If you're having different issues please let us know in more detail about the issues you're facing.

Have a great day

Feb 1, 2021 12:22 PM in response to silvababie

Hi silvababie,

That information greatly helps, and sounds like you may need to sign in to a user account for that application. When accessing the application do you have the opportunity to Log In? If so, you will want to log in to your user account that you created, and used when setting up that subscription. If you have any issues logging in to the account you'll want to contact the application developer for additional support.

You can find their contact details using the following article.

How to contact an app developer

Take care!

Feb 2, 2021 7:41 AM in response to silvababie

That's a great question Silvababie,

To make sure we're on the same page did you only change the Apple ID username to a new email address? If not, and you created another Apple ID, and now have two Apple ID's you'll want to cancel the subscription associated to that old account so you're not being billed twice.

How to cancel a subscription from Apple

If you changed the Apple ID username only you won't have to worry about canceling the subscription. With regards to the sign creditials for the app itself, you would want to reach out to the application developer to ask how to do that.

How to contact an app developer

Have a great day!

Feb 1, 2021 4:49 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Ok! I think what the issue is, was that when I became a premium member a year or 2 ago it was via my Apple ID then a year ago my Apple ID was compromised and had to create a new one. Same user name different email address. When my subscription expired at the end of 2020 and MyFitnessPal charged my card at the beginning of 2021 the charge went thru but the app didn’t update because it was still using the email address associated with my old Apple ID. Is there anyway to update the app? I tried updating the email address (to match the new Apple ID) but it is still recognizing me as a free user

My MyFitnessPal subscription didn’t update on the app. But my card was charged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.