Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover permanently deleted emails from my iCloud?

So, I was deleting a bunch of junk emails from my inbox and didn’t realize my son had selected all emails to be deleted. Yes, I emptied the trash before I realized what had happened. I tried installing the most recent iCloud backup to hopefully get them back, and no luck. Just wondering if there is anything else I can try to recover these deleted emails.

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 1:48 PM

Ok, thank you for your response. I have an older IPhone that I just powered up. I stopped using it a few months ago when I transferred everything to my new Iphone. I didn’t connect it to the internet (on purpose) and I opened up my iCloud mail and all of the old emails I had accidentally deleted are there. Is there any way to get them off of that device and back onto my iCloud/new iPhone?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 1:48 PM in response to Michael Black

Ok, thank you for your response. I have an older IPhone that I just powered up. I stopped using it a few months ago when I transferred everything to my new Iphone. I didn’t connect it to the internet (on purpose) and I opened up my iCloud mail and all of the old emails I had accidentally deleted are there. Is there any way to get them off of that device and back onto my iCloud/new iPhone?

Jan 28, 2021 8:47 PM in response to Ksamples14

Sorry, they are gone. iCloud email is not part of your backup since it lives in iCloud on Apple’s IMAP email service. Like any IMAP email service, once you empty the trash, the emails are gone and unrecoverable. That is exactly why IMAP services have that two steps for permanent deletion. The trash folder is your safety net, until you empty it too.

How do I recover permanently deleted emails from my iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.