Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Formatting so the table does not show its 'out line'

Hello,

When you click in the void of the 'white space' around the table, the formatting outline disappears. How can I make that disappear even when the table is selected?

For example, the two images are of the table selected and un-selected. Once I select the table, the formatting outline appears and I want the formatting outline to not show when I click (or select) it or I want it to look like the "un-selected" table even if it is selected.

Thank you.

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 10:53 PM

Written into the software with no user controls, I'm afraid.

Purpose of the reference tabs is, I assume, to let the user know where she/he is when entering data or editing formulas.

Changing the feature requires editing the software.

You can use the Provide Numbers Feedback menu item in the Numbers menu to send Apple a Feature Enhancement Request.

Regards,

Barry

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2021 10:53 PM in response to sirwop

Written into the software with no user controls, I'm afraid.

Purpose of the reference tabs is, I assume, to let the user know where she/he is when entering data or editing formulas.

Changing the feature requires editing the software.

You can use the Provide Numbers Feedback menu item in the Numbers menu to send Apple a Feature Enhancement Request.

Regards,

Barry

Formatting so the table does not show its 'out line'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.