Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing App Store

My App Store disappeared. How do I get it back?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 11:51 AM

Here's an updated version by me:

You can’t delete the App Store app so it is somewhere on your device.

See if you hid it with restrictions:

Screen Time - Allowed apps https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304#allow-apps

- "If you turn off an app or feature, it won’t delete it, it’s just temporarily hidden from your Home screen."

- Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Enter passcode] > Allowed Apps

"Search for it. Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type App Store into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search."

"You can also Reset the Home screen layout which will return the App Store to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home screen layout."

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 11:51 AM in response to Limnos

Here's an updated version by me:

You can’t delete the App Store app so it is somewhere on your device.

See if you hid it with restrictions:

Screen Time - Allowed apps https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304#allow-apps

- "If you turn off an app or feature, it won’t delete it, it’s just temporarily hidden from your Home screen."

- Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Enter passcode] > Allowed Apps

"Search for it. Swipe down from the middle of any home screen and type App Store into the search field at the top of the screen. If it is in a folder, it will show the folder on the right of the app name after you tap on the app when it appears in the search."

"You can also Reset the Home screen layout which will return the App Store to the home screen as long as it isn’t restricted. When you do this, it returns the home screen to out of the box condition and it will destroy any folders you had on the home screen. Settings > General > Reset > Reset Home screen layout."

Missing App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.