Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epsom XP820 printer to a new MacBook Air with Thunderbolt? I have a USB-C to USB cable but it is not working.

Epsom XP820 printer to a new MacBook Air with Thunderbolt? I have a USB-C to USB cable adapter but it is not working. When I try to print something the printer won't respond, it stays in a "paused" mode. Do I need a Thunderbolt to USB adapter instead? Would this solve the problem?

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 7:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:08 AM

Hi,

Alternatively, you could try a wireless connection. The Epson XP-820 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the AirPrint technology, thus allowing it to be used without drivers. Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may add functionality.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 7:08 AM in response to JimWendt

Hi,

Alternatively, you could try a wireless connection. The Epson XP-820 is listed in About AirPrint - Apple Support as a printer supporting the AirPrint technology, thus allowing it to be used without drivers. Drivers/software from the printer manufacturer may add functionality.

Add a printer on Mac - Apple Support

Reset the Mac printing system to solve a problem - Apple Support

Epsom XP820 printer to a new MacBook Air with Thunderbolt? I have a USB-C to USB cable but it is not working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.