Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Push notifications on Mac?

I was wondering if Mac apps offer the same kind of push notifications iOS devices do. For example, let's say I want to receive email notifications even when the Mail app is closed - is that possible?

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:40 AM

Already tried this https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/receive-pause-or-stop-notifications-mh40609/mac ?

2 replies

Jan 29, 2021 8:52 AM in response to mulberry58

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes, I do receive notifications just fine. On iOS, you can receive notifications even when the app isn't open, but I'm not sure if this behavior can be applied to Big Sur.

For example, when I open my Mail app on my Macbook and leave the app running, I do receive notifications. I want to be able to receive notifications when the app is closed as well. I have so many apps installed on my Mac including chat apps that I don't want to leave them all open just to receive a couple of notifications a day.

What I have been doing now is to have these apps installed on my phone so whenever I get a notification on my phone I can open the app on my computer, but it would be great if I didn't have to rely on my phone for that.

Push notifications on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.