Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blocking Spam Email

About a week ago I began receiving dozens of spam emails from accounts with an array of business and personal names (all trying to sell me something). When I look at the sender’s email, they all use the same form:

[my email address]@me.com+(random list of a dozen or so numbers of letters.

The plus sign (+) always appears after my email address and before the random series of characters. Here is one I received this morning from “Renewal by Andersen”:

[my email address]@me.com+yqz2kg5dehmf3nc1p95xcer4efreac+r1tkbrtr4yyn.com

Using the “block contact” function on Apple mail will only block this specific email address, but not any of the potentially thousands of other forms.

Any suggestions for how I might block these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:41 AM

Create advanced rules for a particular sender in mail preferences https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/change-junk-mail-advanced-settings-cpmlprefjunkadd/mac

And move to bin , keep the box of perform custom actions checked , also the rules should be message is set up to addressed full name for both options in the second screen shot , it depends if you know the person and its contact details are in the previous recipients list .

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 10:41 AM in response to Compass2100

Create advanced rules for a particular sender in mail preferences https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/change-junk-mail-advanced-settings-cpmlprefjunkadd/mac

And move to bin , keep the box of perform custom actions checked , also the rules should be message is set up to addressed full name for both options in the second screen shot , it depends if you know the person and its contact details are in the previous recipients list .

Blocking Spam Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.