Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

migration assistant won't download on Windows 7 PC

I am trying to migrate from PC to Macbook Air running Catalina. My PC is running Windows 7 (64 bit) and when I go onto the website to download Migration Assistant, I do not get the download icon and/or link. I do get the icon/link when I go to the page on my MacBook, just not on the PC.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 4:34 AM

Do you have anything running on the PC that might block downloads?

You could download on your Mac then move to PC on a USB stick or external drive.

Or, ctrl-click on the Download button and choose Copy Link.

Paste that into an email and send to yourself so you can access it on your PC email.

You could also paste it into a text document and transfer that over to the PC on USB or external drive.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 4:34 AM in response to pieranna

Do you have anything running on the PC that might block downloads?

You could download on your Mac then move to PC on a USB stick or external drive.

Or, ctrl-click on the Download button and choose Copy Link.

Paste that into an email and send to yourself so you can access it on your PC email.

You could also paste it into a text document and transfer that over to the PC on USB or external drive.

migration assistant won't download on Windows 7 PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.