Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipadOS14 update

I have an iPad Air 2 with version 13.4.1. When I try to update the OS to 14.4, the process aborts after download/processing. I have 75GB available. I also have automatic updates enabled, but that doesn't seem to help. The only error message I have seen (once) was unable to download. I haven't seen any other error messages after trying multiple times to update. I also don't see an update or OS file in the iPad storage menu. Help!

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 4:16 PM

Your iPad is too far behind in iOS upgrades/updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that iPad Air 2 model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum OS of iPadOS 14.4.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 4:16 PM in response to 1a3579

Your iPad is too far behind in iOS upgrades/updates.

If you have access to a full computer, like a Mac or Windows PC, try either using the Finder on a Mac that has the newest macOS Catalina installed OR with an older Mac with an older Mac OS, download and install the latest iTunes version ( or latest iTunes for Windows PC ), make sure the Mac or Windows PC is connected to the Internet, connect your iPad by the USB charge cable to the computer and let the iTunes application upgrade/update that iPad Air 2 model, using the iTunes Software Update feature, to its current, maximum OS of iPadOS 14.4.

ipadOS14 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.