Related Article: Use Quick Start to transfer data to a new iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Going from an old 8 to a new 12 I chose this direct transfer method. 30 hours ago. It seemed ok and got to finish on new device. Answered all questions. But apps were all “busy loading”. How do I know status/start over?

When setting up new iPhone and using the direct Bluetooth copy method, how can you monitor progress on new device. Restart if necessary. My transfer worked well at first. Got to finish on new device. Now it’s setup and phone, email, basic apps all are working. But about 40 other apps, games, utilities, etc. are all frozen with “Loading” status. That was 30 hours ago, none seem to have moved. How do I monitor status? Restart transfer if necessary without effecting my carrier settings.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 4:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:47 PM

one last step, power off, reboot. Downloads now running.

summary if downloads all hang with waiting status.

-Tap on each to pause

-Until one has a message pop up, mine was waiting for an alternate password in Apple store

-Power off, on

Now apps should be loading and waiting in a normal way, some should start becoming ready.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 6:47 PM in response to Lanzdale12

one last step, power off, reboot. Downloads now running.

summary if downloads all hang with waiting status.

-Tap on each to pause

-Until one has a message pop up, mine was waiting for an alternate password in Apple store

-Power off, on

Now apps should be loading and waiting in a normal way, some should start becoming ready.

Going from an old 8 to a new 12 I chose this direct transfer method. 30 hours ago. It seemed ok and got to finish on new device. Answered all questions. But apps were all “busy loading”. How do I know status/start over?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.