Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Drain

Yesterday i updated my iphone i.e ios 14.4. Before update my battery efficiency was too good but yesterday it drained too fast at night. I slept at 47% but it was 30% when i woke up. I’m using iphone 12 pro max.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 7:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 8:18 PM

Hello,

Assuming that you slept for 8 hours and the total lost percentage in battery charge is 17% then it is not bad at all. At this rate the iPhone will run about 50 hours on a single battery charge. If you feel that the battery should have been used up lesser than what it shows then there could have been several reasons-

1. Your iPhone could have updated some of your apps
  2. May have had more than usual notifications
  3. An app in the background may have used up some extra resources

Can you shut down your iPhone and then start it back up again? See whether that helps to bring things to the way that you are used to.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 8:18 PM in response to abc_8500

Hello,

Assuming that you slept for 8 hours and the total lost percentage in battery charge is 17% then it is not bad at all. At this rate the iPhone will run about 50 hours on a single battery charge. If you feel that the battery should have been used up lesser than what it shows then there could have been several reasons-

1. Your iPhone could have updated some of your apps
  2. May have had more than usual notifications
  3. An app in the background may have used up some extra resources

Can you shut down your iPhone and then start it back up again? See whether that helps to bring things to the way that you are used to.

Axel F.

Battery Drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.