Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac book eternal display issue

I use an external display which I connect to mac book pro 15" 2018 edition. It works fine sometimes but whenever the laptop goes to sleep, the external display is not recognised. I have tried several hacks like 'detect display' option on system preferences, and tried replugging but this problem persists and strangely works fine sometimes. Please fix this bug and make my life easier.

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 6:55 AM

achilles_612 wrote:

I use an external display which I connect to mac book pro 15" 2018 edition. It works fine sometimes but whenever the laptop goes to sleep, the external display is not recognised. I have tried several hacks like 'detect display' option on system preferences, and tried replugging but this problem persists and strangely works fine sometimes. Please fix this bug and make my life easier.

See if there is anything here: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to ...

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 6:55 AM in response to achilles_612

achilles_612 wrote:

See if there is anything here: Get help with video issues on external displays connected to ...

Mac book eternal display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.