Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone storage

Hello, my phone keeps running out of storage, I’m not receiving texts and they disappear when I’ve sent them, and now it is constantly freezing. I have tried turning it off and on loads, and even when I’ve deleted the majority of my apps it isn’t making a difference. It says at least 1/3 of my storage is being taken up by ‘other’- how do I get rid of this? I have cleared my history and cache and all of that which has made no difference at all, and I’ve also deleted the majority of my texts.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:35 AM

See this about dealing with Other on the iPhone. Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support Also, understand that after deleting photos, you must also delete them from the Recently Deleted folder to keep them from taking up storage. The iPhone should keep around 10% of its total capacity free at all times to work well. If you continue to get the iPhone full, you should consider purchasing a larger capacity phone in the future.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 7:35 AM in response to ChloeFlanders

See this about dealing with Other on the iPhone. Clear Other storage on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support Also, understand that after deleting photos, you must also delete them from the Recently Deleted folder to keep them from taking up storage. The iPhone should keep around 10% of its total capacity free at all times to work well. If you continue to get the iPhone full, you should consider purchasing a larger capacity phone in the future.

iPhone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.