Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

McDonald’s app not working

My McDonald’s app stopped working a few months ago and after calls to McDonald’s app support they say that it’s my phone or apple and not them. The problem is it won’t sign in. It says “Application initialization critical error occurred. Please restart the app.” If you try to log in to the app it says they are experiencing technical difficulties. I’ve updated my IOS 2 times since this started and uninstalled and reinstalled the app 10-20 times. I get the same thing on my iPad. Any ideas?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 7:50 PM

I am sorry but none of this was helpful. There is no Profiles or Profiles and Device Management option or thing. The date and time are set to automatic and are correct. I have since switched Internet providers since this problem began so it has persisted Multiple WiFi networks. I have also tried disconnected from WiFi and used only cellular data and it still does not work. I am not the only iPhone user with this exact problem as I’ve seen in the reviews for their app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 7:50 PM in response to cp from OH

I am sorry but none of this was helpful. There is no Profiles or Profiles and Device Management option or thing. The date and time are set to automatic and are correct. I have since switched Internet providers since this problem began so it has persisted Multiple WiFi networks. I have also tried disconnected from WiFi and used only cellular data and it still does not work. I am not the only iPhone user with this exact problem as I’ve seen in the reviews for their app.

Feb 1, 2021 7:01 PM in response to Sunsplish

Thank you for posting here in Apple Support Communities, Sunsplish.

We understand that you haven't been able to use a specific app on both your iPhone and your iPad, and we'd be happy to get you going in the right direction. Since you've already performed the troubleshooting steps found within the resource below, working with the app's developers would be the best route to take towards a resolution: If an app unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open

However, the community would still like to offer our support as well. To start, can you check to see if there are any profiles installed on either your iPhone and/or iPad. This can be done by going through Settings > General > Profiles or Profiles & Device Management.

Next, let's ensure that the date and time settings for your devices are set up correctly by going into Settings > General > Date & Time.

You should also try to test the app by using alternate internet connections, such as another Wi-Fi network or even through cellular data.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Feb 1, 2021 10:19 PM in response to Sunsplish

That error message is coming from McDonald's server, it has nothing to do with your iPhone. If you ask for a supervisor enough times with McDonalds support they will reset your account and all will be well again. At the first level they don't have a clue and if you had a Samsung phone they would tell you it is your Samsung phone, if an LG, ditto. I think it comes up on their screen.

McDonald’s app not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.