Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.4 and Battery Life

Since updating to IOS 14.4 a few days ago, my battery life is abysmal.

iPhone 7 would easily run all day before the update, now I have to charge it multiple times a day.

Battery Health shows 82%, the same as before the software download.

Don't see that any settings have been changed and my use has not been any different.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 3:19 PM

13 replies

Feb 11, 2021 4:09 AM in response to hippie1

same here, since the update, the battery id draining in my 6s, 7s plus and XR.

its like they are forcing us to go buy new phones. This is not acceptable by Apple, I has actually become a cordless phone which is always on a charge. Home. Car and office.

Apple needs to resolve or send us new phones. Apple can we have an answer on this, please!!

Very disappointed with them...

thanks

Feb 11, 2021 4:52 AM in response to themananchawla

The "Hard Reset" or "Force Restart" seems to have pretty much fixed my problem. I did it at least twice as sometimes my phone displays a different screen than Apple says it would. Tried it once with volume up button and once with volume down. Got a different screen each time but in the end, it is now better. Not as good as before, but much, much better. 

One thing I noticed was a bar graph shown under “Battery”. “Settings” > “Battery”. Scroll down a bit to a graph showing Battery Usage and Activity. After the update the data was inverse of what it should show in my opinion. The Battery usage was way up while the activity was down significantly. Now they are more in line with each other.  

IOS 14.4 and Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.