Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to remove message effects from my phone entirely?

My fingers constantly push the send button and it prompts that message effects window to open. I don’t use the message effects at all and find it to be more of a pain than anything else. Can I remove this feature so it doesn’t show up as an option?

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:35 PM

It cannot be removed completely, one would just not use it. If you are seeing it, then you are holding the send button too long. It only takes a tap to send a message, but it takes a hold on the button to bring up the message effects.

If you would like to see a change to that option, then provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 30, 2021 7:35 PM in response to Mdemon85

It cannot be removed completely, one would just not use it. If you are seeing it, then you are holding the send button too long. It only takes a tap to send a message, but it takes a hold on the button to bring up the message effects.

If you would like to see a change to that option, then provide feedback to Apple regarding a change you would like to see, or report a bug, then use the feedback link here, Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Is there a way to remove message effects from my phone entirely?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.