Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes and iCloud have two different email addresses

How do I remove one email address

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 7:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 5:56 AM

You cannot merge Apple IDs. Ideally you would have only ever have used one. How many computers and devices are connected to these accounts? What do you have stored in the the cloud? I suppose that could all be downloaded to local storage, then you could switch iCloud IDs and upload it again. Purchases are tied to the iTunes account so no switching away from that unless it is generally unused, although you can potentially set up Family Sharing as a way of accessing the content of an old ID. If you have an iOS device managing apps purchased from multiple IDs is a headache you don't need.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 5:56 AM in response to Jaimevill84

You cannot merge Apple IDs. Ideally you would have only ever have used one. How many computers and devices are connected to these accounts? What do you have stored in the the cloud? I suppose that could all be downloaded to local storage, then you could switch iCloud IDs and upload it again. Purchases are tied to the iTunes account so no switching away from that unless it is generally unused, although you can potentially set up Family Sharing as a way of accessing the content of an old ID. If you have an iOS device managing apps purchased from multiple IDs is a headache you don't need.

tt2

iTunes and iCloud have two different email addresses

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.