📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Home Videos in Apple TV app with Apple TV device

After enabling Home Sharing, I was able to stream home videos from the Apple TV app library on my mac to the Apple TV device using an app named "Computers". I also used Airplay. However, I would like to sync the home videos in the Apple TV app library on my mac (running Catalina) with the Apple TV device so I don't have to stream at all.

Is there a way to do that? Thanks.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 9:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 11:30 AM

The Apple TV app on Mac is designed as a replacement for iTunes so local media is stored there. However, on Apple TV that library is accessed using the computers app (or one can forward a video using airplay). Apple TV is a streaming device, it is not possible to sync local media and store it on the device.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 31, 2021 11:30 AM in response to bobpret

The Apple TV app on Mac is designed as a replacement for iTunes so local media is stored there. However, on Apple TV that library is accessed using the computers app (or one can forward a video using airplay). Apple TV is a streaming device, it is not possible to sync local media and store it on the device.

Sync Home Videos in Apple TV app with Apple TV device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.