Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot hide "Holidays in the United States"

I am seeing events which I don't need to see such as "First Day of Black History Month" and "First Day of Women's History Month" so I want to hide them. Down my sidebar where all my calendars are listed I see a calendar called "US Holidays" which I can hide, but the events I am referring to still show after I do this. If I double-click one of these events I see it belongs to a separate calendar called "Holidays in the United States" which does not even show on my sidebar. So I have a calendar that I cannot hide displaying 100% of the time.

If I go to the Window tab in Calendar and drop down I see the this calendar listed and when I click on that it opens a separate window showing only that calendar, and none of my personal calendars. I can hide it in that new window, but even when I do, it still shows on my main calendar window.

This is all on my MacBook - I was able to hide the same calendar on my iPhone with no problem. I've seen other posts about this, but no answers that address my specific situation.

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 9:59 AM

Okay, now I found a way to hide the unwanted calendar, but it's kind of a drastic solution. I subscribe to Google as well as iCloud calendars. In my Preferences, I can disable the Google account and the unwanted calendar goes away. But I was using my Google account to stay connected with my college, where I take classes. So, probably I will need to keep this calendar active, even if it means giving up control of my view. The problem lies with Google more than with Apple.

Okay, live and learn - I hope someone else learned from this. Thanks for reading.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 9:59 AM in response to John777yesthatsme

Okay, now I found a way to hide the unwanted calendar, but it's kind of a drastic solution. I subscribe to Google as well as iCloud calendars. In my Preferences, I can disable the Google account and the unwanted calendar goes away. But I was using my Google account to stay connected with my college, where I take classes. So, probably I will need to keep this calendar active, even if it means giving up control of my view. The problem lies with Google more than with Apple.

Okay, live and learn - I hope someone else learned from this. Thanks for reading.

Cannot hide "Holidays in the United States"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.