Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost my recovery key

Please I need help, can’t retrieve my recovery key on my iPhone 7 Plus because I lost it ,and I can’t sign in on my apple store because I can’t remember the password,please help me.

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 4:45 PM

Hey there wisdom181,

We understand you're experiencing issues with a forgotten recovery key and your Apple ID being locked, and we'd like to share some resources that can help.

Get started here: How to generate a recovery key

This page may also help: Two-step verification for Apple ID

Specifically, check out the section below:

"What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. "

In regard to your Apple ID being locked, check out this page: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

We hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 4:45 PM in response to wisdom181

Hey there wisdom181,

We understand you're experiencing issues with a forgotten recovery key and your Apple ID being locked, and we'd like to share some resources that can help.

Get started here: How to generate a recovery key

This page may also help: Two-step verification for Apple ID

Specifically, check out the section below:

"What if I lose my Recovery Key?

You can sign in to your Apple ID account page and create a new Recovery Key using your Apple ID password and one of your trusted devices.

1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password and trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.

Keep your new Recovery Key in a safe place. Your old Recovery Key won't work anymore and you can't use it to reset your password or access your account. If you don't see Recovery Key in the Security section, then you are not using two-step verification. "

In regard to your Apple ID being locked, check out this page: If your Apple ID is locked or disabled

We hope this helps.

Lost my recovery key

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.