Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps not talking (2021)

Voice not working with Apple Maps on iPhone 12

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:08 PM

Hey there, 4810encino,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are not getting audible turn-by-turn directions while using Maps. We're happy to help!

We would suggest checking that you have the audio enabled for turn-by-turn directions: Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support.

If the audio is enabled but you still do not hear the turn-by-turn directions, don't hesitate to respond back. If you do, please provide the answers to the following questions:

1. Which type of directions are you using? Example: walking, driving, bus, etc.
  2. Are you using any bluetooth or wired headphones with the iPhone while trying to get the directions?
  3. what is the current iOS version installed on your iPhone 12? Example: iOS 14.4. You can find this under Settings > General > About > Version.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 6:08 PM in response to 4810encino

Hey there, 4810encino,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are not getting audible turn-by-turn directions while using Maps. We're happy to help!

We would suggest checking that you have the audio enabled for turn-by-turn directions: Change audio settings for turn-by-turn directions in Maps on iPhone - Apple Support.

If the audio is enabled but you still do not hear the turn-by-turn directions, don't hesitate to respond back. If you do, please provide the answers to the following questions:

1. Which type of directions are you using? Example: walking, driving, bus, etc.
  2. Are you using any bluetooth or wired headphones with the iPhone while trying to get the directions?
  3. what is the current iOS version installed on your iPhone 12? Example: iOS 14.4. You can find this under Settings > General > About > Version.

Cheers!

Feb 3, 2021 1:15 PM in response to Lindsay_B.

Hi Lindsay_B.

Thanks so much, you solved my problem. The issue was in the Audio Output. I had to change the audio output to iPhone and now the voice works with directions and comes out of the iPhone speakers. You can only see the audio output section when you are in the car, so I didn’t realize I had to change it. I am using iPhone 12 with iOS 14.4.

Thanks again for all your help, it is greatly appreciated. 😁😁😁

4810encino

Apple Maps not talking (2021)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.