Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Charge

My apple watch has been dead and in my drawer for a while and now it won’t charge. I’ve tried force restarting it and no matter what I do it will not turn on at all. Please help!!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 7

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:41 PM

Since you said, "My apple watch has been dead and in my drawer for a while," my bet is that the battery has been depleted beyond use. Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support states:

"A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep Apple Watch half-charged when it’s stored for the long term."

I recommend that you "Contact Apple Support" for a more thorough assessment. Apple Watch Support lists this link:

"Tell us how we can help

Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.

Get support"

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 3:41 PM in response to lynlee32

Since you said, "My apple watch has been dead and in my drawer for a while," my bet is that the battery has been depleted beyond use. Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support states:

"A battery’s lifespan is related to its “chemical age,” which is more than just the passage of time. It includes different factors, such as the number of charge cycles and how it was cared for. Follow these tips to maximize battery performance and help extend battery lifespan. For example, keep Apple Watch half-charged when it’s stored for the long term."

I recommend that you "Contact Apple Support" for a more thorough assessment. Apple Watch Support lists this link:

"Tell us how we can help

Answer a few questions and we'll help you find a solution.

Get support"

Apple Watch Charge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.