Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook air is no longer printing

I've used a Cannon Mp280 printer with my MacBook air since 2017. It has suddenly begun to stop printing here on January of 2021. Anytime I select to print, the "Preview" image pops up on the screen reading "Error while printing". The document selected to be printed then cannot be closed. Open websites also won't close.

The printer does function well.

What must I do the gat my MacBook to print again?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 7:14 AM

Hey there Deluxe_1951,

We understand you've been unable to print from your MacBook Air recently. It shows "Error while printing". We'll be happy to help.

To troubleshoot this, we'd recommend taking a few moments to go through the steps here: Solve printing problems on Mac

This will guide you through a few steps that can help like adding the printer again and checking for updates.

Let us know how that goes or if you have any questions. Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 7:14 AM in response to Deluxe_1951

Hey there Deluxe_1951,

We understand you've been unable to print from your MacBook Air recently. It shows "Error while printing". We'll be happy to help.

To troubleshoot this, we'd recommend taking a few moments to go through the steps here: Solve printing problems on Mac

This will guide you through a few steps that can help like adding the printer again and checking for updates.

Let us know how that goes or if you have any questions. Cheers!

Macbook air is no longer printing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.