Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Spam texts from random gmail accounts.

Annoying amount of Spam texts, sometimes graphic, from unknown random gmail accounts. Tired of blocking one after another. Hopefully someone has a solution. IPhone 12 device.

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 4:48 PM

I can understand your frustration with this. There is no real way to stop those from coming except to block them however, as you have learned, the spammers will just change the email address. I believe the option that you have is to use the Filter Unknown Senders feature. What this does is separates texts from contacts that are not in your Contacts list and puts them in a separate tab in Messages. If you wish to try this feature out then-

Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 4:48 PM in response to Steelegreen

I can understand your frustration with this. There is no real way to stop those from coming except to block them however, as you have learned, the spammers will just change the email address. I believe the option that you have is to use the Filter Unknown Senders feature. What this does is separates texts from contacts that are not in your Contacts list and puts them in a separate tab in Messages. If you wish to try this feature out then-

Open Settings ➔ Messages ➔ Filter Unknown Senders : Set this to ON.

Axel F.

How to stop Spam texts from random gmail accounts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.