Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages.app editing

I have my manuscript available to me in .pdf and .png formats but when I try to add it to a new pages doc it cannot be edited . What do I need to do so I can grab all my 100 plus pages of my manuscript text and copy and paste them into my pages doc so I can edit it?

If these two formats are not easy/possible to work with what text format should I be able to edit in pages?

Can I use mac's TextEdit to achieve this task?

Thank you

Chips

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 3:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 6:34 PM

Neither png or pdf are "text" formats. and produced on your Mac, both are images. Text Edit is, as the name implies, a text editor.

Your best choice is probably the application on which the manuscript was produced, and a copy of the original text document to edit.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2021 6:34 PM in response to chipsr

Neither png or pdf are "text" formats. and produced on your Mac, both are images. Text Edit is, as the name implies, a text editor.

Your best choice is probably the application on which the manuscript was produced, and a copy of the original text document to edit.

Regards,

Barry

pages.app editing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.