Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clock app and calendar app are crashing

Clock and calendar apps are crashing and can’t add new alarms! What to do????

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 31, 2021 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 3:01 AM

It just started happening yesterday and/or today, right? Do you live in Beirut? Apparently there’s a bug with Beirut’s timezone because today I got several calls from device owners living in Beirut having the same problem. We switched to Cairo’s timezone and it got resolved.

Apple has had such bugs before by end of a year or end/start of a Month. Usually the problem resolves itself the second day. Good luck!

41 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 3:01 AM in response to rania007

It just started happening yesterday and/or today, right? Do you live in Beirut? Apparently there’s a bug with Beirut’s timezone because today I got several calls from device owners living in Beirut having the same problem. We switched to Cairo’s timezone and it got resolved.

Apple has had such bugs before by end of a year or end/start of a Month. Usually the problem resolves itself the second day. Good luck!

Feb 5, 2021 2:17 AM in response to iTaher

I’ve been having this issue too! I don’t know if it’s linked to the latest software update but I’m also currently in Beirut and friends and family all have the same issue on their iPhones and iPads. I tried with Apple support to do a forced restart, offload the calendar app and reinstall it, etc.. but nothing. Will try changing time zones and see if that helps - thanks for the suggestion!

Feb 11, 2021 12:33 AM in response to Manal10

Yes agreeed - I reported the bug over a week ago and also reached out to apple support. Feedback I received was:

“It looks like there may have been some changes to the interface. I also found some documentation on a similar issue. Can you try setting one up for further out, like in March and maybe change the timezone and see if it crashes the same way”.

They said they would escalate the issue to their senior advisor team and have them call me - unfortunately no one did.

Feb 24, 2021 3:31 AM in response to iTaher

Thank you for the tip, it was very helpful as many other apps were crashing on my device specially my finance app Money but Jumsoft, I reached out to them but they could not replicate the crashes I was experiencing.

Then I reached out to apple to see if the issue is related to my Calendar & my Reminder app, basically any app with a date & it was a full hour of disappointment, I felt like I was talking to someone from Microsoft, who the basic reply is always wipe the system & re-install, or even worse, AT&T with their generic answers.

I tried to ask him why should I wipe everything & restore, since I will be restoring the same corrupt system, I got no feedback, I just got a recommendation to restore. He didn't even ask any intelligent question. "Basic trouble shooting"

I still did not listen to them.

Once I change the time zone to manual & chose Cairo, my Money app started working again.

So, again, thank you

Clock app and calendar app are crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.