Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change Apple ID over to mine

We have a work iPad Air which was set up by a colleague in our head office a few years ago, he set it up using his work email and a password, which we all were given.

In general all iPads were used for an app called Traction Guest which is a sign-in system for our reception team to allow visitors to our building to sign in via the app.

We have gone under huge renovations over the last year and a half and the iPad has been sitting in a box in my office, I'm trying to back it up but it's not accepting my password.

The person who set it up has long left the company and his email is no longer active so we can't reset the password.

Is there anything I can do to change the Apple ID over to mine?

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 2:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 6:49 AM

Hi coker224,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you may have an iPad with Activation Lock enabled. If that's the case, you would first need to remove Activation Lock if you have his Apple ID and password as outlined here: How to remove Activation Lock

Once you've disabled Activation Lock, you can then sign out of all services associated with his Apple ID then sign in with yours: Change your Apple ID

If you need additional assistance, we'd recommend that you contact Apple directly here: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 6:49 AM in response to coker224

Hi coker224,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you may have an iPad with Activation Lock enabled. If that's the case, you would first need to remove Activation Lock if you have his Apple ID and password as outlined here: How to remove Activation Lock

Once you've disabled Activation Lock, you can then sign out of all services associated with his Apple ID then sign in with yours: Change your Apple ID

If you need additional assistance, we'd recommend that you contact Apple directly here: Contact Apple for support and service

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Change Apple ID over to mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.