Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Clarification on Apple Watch SE gps or cellular.

Im going to get my first Apple Watch , the SE version, so Im having difficulty making up my mind whether to get the gps or the cellular version. My primary use will be to use it for tracking my runs and to listen to my apple music playlists.

So can the Gps version store music on it that I can listen to offline without my phone ? Or do I need to get the cellular version for that ?

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 5:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 9:49 AM

And I said "Yes" and included the instructions for doing just that.

I apparently think I'm being clear, but apparently my wording does not make sense to you.

So follow fieryjack other advice and contact Apple Support.

7 replies

Feb 1, 2021 9:37 AM in response to fReagas13

That link fieryjack provided does answer you question about music.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204691

You can stream music via a Cellular connection (cellular model Apple Watch).

Or you can download music to the Apple Watch and play it off line (for either the GPS only or the Cellular)

How to sync music to your Apple Watch

1) Set your Apple Watch on its charger and make sure that it is charging. Make sure that your iPhone is within range of your watch.
2) On your iPhone, go to Settings > Bluetooth. Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on.
3) On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app, then tap the My Watch tab.
4) Scroll to Music and tap it, then tap Add Music.
5) Find the music that you want to sync. Tap the add button next to the music that you want. If you can't add specific albums or playlists, try downloading them to your iPhone before you sync with your watch.

Clarification on Apple Watch SE gps or cellular.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.