Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I want iTunes Match? What are the benefits?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 8:57 AM

Maybe you don't. Why do you think you might? If all you want is to keep copies of all your music from any source in iCloud so you can play it back from any device you own then Match might be for you. If you want to extend that to include any music Apple owns too then Apple Music would be better for you. Match is cheaper than music if you're thinking on an annual scale. If you don't care about using iCloud for music then getting neither is cheaper ($0).

There could be a few other reasons for getting Match but this is about as far as I am going to take this without you providing more details. ;-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 8:57 AM in response to RevSLW

Maybe you don't. Why do you think you might? If all you want is to keep copies of all your music from any source in iCloud so you can play it back from any device you own then Match might be for you. If you want to extend that to include any music Apple owns too then Apple Music would be better for you. Match is cheaper than music if you're thinking on an annual scale. If you don't care about using iCloud for music then getting neither is cheaper ($0).

There could be a few other reasons for getting Match but this is about as far as I am going to take this without you providing more details. ;-)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.