Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to erase all data before I recycle my old iPad

I have bought a new iPad and transferred all my data, I know this is a stupid question, but before I recycle my old iPad I want to erase all data, so my question is, will it just go from my old iPad and not affect my new one

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 11:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 4:30 PM

You’ll need to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process will securely erase all data from the iPad, remove the Activation Lock - and disassociate the iPad from your AppleID account. Upon conclusion, the iPad can be safely passed to a new owner, or otherwise disposed of.

This procedure will not impact any data or files stored on your other devices or iCloud.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2021 4:30 PM in response to iPad1234-5

You’ll need to follow this procedure:

What to do before you sell, give away or trade in your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

This process will securely erase all data from the iPad, remove the Activation Lock - and disassociate the iPad from your AppleID account. Upon conclusion, the iPad can be safely passed to a new owner, or otherwise disposed of.

This procedure will not impact any data or files stored on your other devices or iCloud.

I want to erase all data before I recycle my old iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.