Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Free Apple TV+ subscription

After buying a new iphone from Apple I was given a free subscription to Apple TV . What is the benefit of the free subscription as all movies and series on the tv app still seem to cost to rent or buy??

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 12:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 12:56 PM

From what I can see there are just 10 movies included in the subscription, that's it. I'm in the same boat. I signed in to a new account and looked at what was available. You can probably watch the entire library during your free trial.

6 replies

Feb 1, 2021 3:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

There are now 12 movies.

They also have the following:

11 drama series

6 comedy series

13 non-fiction series

14 family fun items

some of this content would be considered multiple seasons of the same show, like "Long Way Up, Long Way Down, Long Way Round". Some of the family fun items are just old Charlie Brown TV shows.

Considering how long the platform has been around I expected more content.

Feb 2, 2021 6:39 AM in response to daChurchPcGuy

daChurchPcGuy wrote:

There are now 12 movies.
They also have the following:
11 drama series
6 comedy series
13 non-fiction series
14 family fun items
some of this content would be considered multiple seasons of the same show, like "Long Way Up, Long Way Down, Long Way Round". Some of the family fun items are just old Charlie Brown TV shows.

Considering how long the platform has been around I expected more content.

I think, considering it's primarily original content, that's pretty impressive.

Free Apple TV+ subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.