Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how come uber and lyft automatically detect and add ApplePay as a payment method. How come i don’t get a say in it? There is no way to remove it either from the payment options inside the apps or to prevent them from using it.

i have to use my personal phone for some work stuff. I need to keep the uber app on my phone as well as the lyft app. The company uses that for certain things. I have added my debit card and my credit card in the apple wallet. Uber and Lyft both automatically register that as payment methods. I personally do not want that. I only need these apps for work purposes. I’d like to have control if I give permission to these two apps to use Apple pay or to allow me the option to delete apple pay as an option.

Any ideas?

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 6:50 PM

4 replies

Feb 1, 2021 7:04 PM in response to rotate apples

So a quick internet search tells you how to add or delete payment method for Lyft. You can’t remove your default unless you add something else for default so it looks like you can delete Apple Pay and put another option for your default. Probably the same for Uber. Look it up on their site to see what you need to do. https://help.lyft.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013080408-How-to-add-or-update-payment-info

how come uber and lyft automatically detect and add ApplePay as a payment method. How come i don’t get a say in it? There is no way to remove it either from the payment options inside the apps or to prevent them from using it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.