Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is apple watch series 2 waterproof

Is the Apple Watch series 2 waterproof? If you know, please reply! I would like to buy one if they are waterproof.

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 9:22 AM

No,the apple watch is not waterproof it is water resistant,read here;

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

Quote from the above support document;

Is my Apple Watch waterproof?

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.* For example, you may wear and use your Apple Watch during exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), in the rain, and while washing your hands.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 9:22 AM in response to Here2discuss

No,the apple watch is not waterproof it is water resistant,read here;

Quote from the above support document;

Is my Apple Watch waterproof?

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof.* For example, you may wear and use your Apple Watch during exercise (exposure to sweat is OK), in the rain, and while washing your hands.

Feb 2, 2021 9:24 AM in response to Here2discuss

It is not waterproof. But it is water resistant.

Apple Watch Series 2 and newer may be used for shallow water activities like swimming in a pool or ocean. However, Apple Watch Series 2 and newer shouldn't be used for scuba diving, water skiing, or other activities involving high velocity water or submersion below shallow depth.

is apple watch series 2 waterproof

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.