Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water damage on Macbook Air

Hi: My son spilled water on my Macbook Air; we dried off what we could and took off the protector case I had on it, along with the silicone keyboard protector. It is not turning on now; from some things I read, it said to leave it unpluged and turned off. What should we do? Thanks!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:11 PM

Without knowing how much liquid could have entered the notebook, the best course of action is to stop using it to prevent any further damage ... and don't be fooled in believing that placing it in a container with rice or any other type of desiccant will help. It won't, and could potentially introduce more foreign debris.

Unfortunately, Apple's warranty does not cover liquid damage. However, if you elected to purchase an AppleCare+ plan with this notebook, you potentially can get a reduced cost on a replacement.

Alternatively, depending on the age of this notebook and the costs involved, you may want to consider using a third-party outfit that specializes in these types of repairs ... but be very wary and get references before venturing into that territory.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 6:11 PM in response to mainerone

Without knowing how much liquid could have entered the notebook, the best course of action is to stop using it to prevent any further damage ... and don't be fooled in believing that placing it in a container with rice or any other type of desiccant will help. It won't, and could potentially introduce more foreign debris.

Unfortunately, Apple's warranty does not cover liquid damage. However, if you elected to purchase an AppleCare+ plan with this notebook, you potentially can get a reduced cost on a replacement.

Alternatively, depending on the age of this notebook and the costs involved, you may want to consider using a third-party outfit that specializes in these types of repairs ... but be very wary and get references before venturing into that territory.

Water damage on Macbook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.