Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp windows 10 spi device

I'm trying to install Windows 10 on a 2015 Macbook 12" and both the keyboard and trackpad drivers won't install. All I end up with after installing Boot Camp and drivers is five instances of "SPI Device". The FaceTime camera also doesn't seem to install correctly, stating that there aren't enough system resources to complete installation. Has anyone come across this and been able to fix it? Is there other drivers that someone can point me to?

MacBook

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 6:52 PM

7 replies

Feb 2, 2021 8:44 PM in response to Buzzed1972

For your MacBook model, the three SPI (Serial Peripheral Interface) devices should be

<Name>AppleSPIDevice Service
				<InfName>AppleSPIDevice.inf</InfName>
				<Class>System</Class>
				<ClassGUID>{4D36E97D-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}</ClassGUID>
				<CatalogFile>AppleSPIDevice.cat</CatalogFile>
				<Provider> "Apple Inc."</Provider>
				<DriverVer>05/26/2016,6.1.6500.0</DriverVer>
				<ServiceBinary>AppleSPIDevice.sys</ServiceBinary>
				<HardwareID></HardwareID>
				<isX64>yes</isX64>
			</Name>
			<Name>AppleSPIKeyboard Service
				<InfName>AppleSPIKeyboard.inf</InfName>
				<Class>HIDClass</Class>
				<ClassGUID>{745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}</ClassGUID>
				<CatalogFile>AppleSPIKeyboard.cat</CatalogFile>
				<DriverVer>06/29/2016,6.1.6500.0</DriverVer>
				<ServiceBinary>AppleSPIKeyboard.sys</ServiceBinary>
				<isX64>yes</isX64>
			</Name>
			<Name>AppleSPITrackpad Service
				<InfName>AppleSPITrackpad.inf</InfName>
				<Class>HIDClass</Class>
				<ClassGUID>{745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}</ClassGUID>
				<CatalogFile>AppleSPITrackpad.cat</CatalogFile>
				<DriverVer>05/04/2016,6.1.6500.0</DriverVer>
				<ServiceBinary>AppleSPITrackpad.sys</ServiceBinary>
				<isX64>yes</isX64>
			</Name>

Do you have any other unknown devices in Windows Device Manager? I assume you are referring to the built-in Keyboard/Trackpad.

Also, does Apple Software Update or Windows Update provide updates for missing devices?

Feb 3, 2021 2:52 AM in response to Loner T

Thanks for your reply. I'm referring to the internal trackpad and keyboard. Apple SPI Device shows up under System Devices. I have five "Apple SPI Device" under Other Devices. When I manually try to install the Apple SPI Keyboard and Trackpad into any of them, it doesn't work. The other error I get is the the FaceTime camera won't start. The error there is "Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API". Apple Update and Windows Update don't help.

Everything works fine under MacOS however. I had Catalina on there and now it's running Big Sur happily.

Feb 3, 2021 2:54 PM in response to Loner T

It actually doesn't install without issues. I have to use an external keyboard and mouse. I had Catalina on there and now I have Big Sur. I tried to install Windows under both and the result is always the same. So I guess the drivers in the $WinPEDrivers$ folder either aren't all getting installed or they're the wrong drivers. I know the SSD driver is installing and working as it's needed for the Windows setup to be able to see the drive. Maybe I'll try a manual install rather than using BootCamp and see how I go.

I'll post the result back here...

boot camp windows 10 spi device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.