Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE charge and 3.5mm jack phones adaptor?

Why does Apple not provide an adaptor for those phones without a 3.5mm socket anymore? I have some nice headphones with 3.5mm jacks, I want to use them with my phone. Such an obvious accessory?

I just spent 20 mins on chat with an Apple 'advisor', 15 mins of which was spent getting her/him to understand what I wanted. Kept pointing me to the Belkin Rockstar model with the two lightning sockets.

The internet is awash with cheap adaptors claiming to do just this, so there is an obvious market demand, but most of them don't work or stop working after 2 minutes.

C'mon Apple how can you not do this?

Kim

iPhone SE, iOS 11

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 2:45 AM

If you're talking about this adapter:--> Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack Adapter - Apple

and/or this one:--> Belkin 3.5 mm Audio + Charge Rockstar - Apple

They both work very well.

If you're looking for 3rd parties similar products, choose only MFI (made for iPhone) certified devices.

Regards

Giulio

5 replies

Feb 3, 2021 3:02 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Giulio

Thanks for a prompt response and helpful suggestions. The direct single adaptor I already have, but that does not allow simultaneous charging, which I did not make clear in my post.

The second solution would be ideal, exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find one anywhere in the UK (which is where I am) As the prices are in $ I assume you are US?

regards

Kim

Feb 3, 2021 3:22 AM in response to Kimyeo

You are welcome, Kim.

(I'm Italian, and I try to use my poor English :)

See this link:--> https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Charge-Rockstar-Adapter-Charging/dp/B074WDWVX1/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=Belkin+iPhone+lightning+to+3%2C5mm+adapter&qid=1612351069&sr=8-4

Temporarily out of stock... but you can be advised when it's available.

Have a nice day.

Giulio

Feb 3, 2021 4:19 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Hi Giulio

Many thanks again. I also found this on the Belkin website, also out of stock. On the Belkin site I can also ask for notification when available, and without having to buy in advance from Amazon.

So I will wait....

I still think it's strange and disappointing the product is not offered by Apple direct!!

regards

Kim

Feb 3, 2021 4:38 AM in response to Kimyeo

Kimyeo wrote:

Hi Giulio
Many thanks again. I also found this on the Belkin website, also out of stock. On the Belkin site I can also ask for notification when available, and without having to buy in advance from Amazon.
So I will wait....
I still think it's strange and disappointing the product is not offered by Apple direct!!
regards
Kim

Yes, strange, but we, just users like you, are not aware of Apple products availability in all countries.

Also in Apple Italy Online Shop, that Belkin adapter is NOT in stock (in US Apple Online Shop it is "sold out" too). Perhaps, in this pandemic period, Belkin production is having some delays.

Regards

Giulio

iPhone SE charge and 3.5mm jack phones adaptor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.