Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Update my 2012 Macbook Pro

So I have been using my macbook pro for a while now and had no issues, it was operating on high sierra and worked well. I did a factory reset because I wanted to clear all the files I no longer needed and now I can't update past Mountain lion. The update isn't in my update section and every time I try download it it either says my Apple Id hasn't been used with the app store and that I need to update my mac to use it (which is what ik trying to do) or that the download had a corrupt image. I have tried everything and its just not having it!

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 4:58 AM

Annafh4652 wrote:

So I have been using my macbook pro for a while now and had no issues, it was operating on high sierra and worked well. I did a factory reset because I wanted to clear all the files I no longer needed and now I can't update past Mountain lion. The update isn't in my update section and every time I try download it it either says my Apple Id hasn't been used with the app store and that I need to update my mac to use it (which is what ik trying to do) or that the download had a corrupt image. I have tried everything and its just not having it!

If you have issue— verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links:

older macOS backed-up on the servers here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 4:58 AM in response to Annafh4652

Annafh4652 wrote:

If you have issue— verify you are using the Safari browser to download/initiate the macOS links:

older macOS backed-up on the servers here:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

Cannot Update my 2012 Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.