Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove apps from watch

I would like to remove some apps from my watch but not my phone. These are apps that I don't use on the watch. I also need to free up space on the watch so there is enough room for updates.

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 9:48 AM

Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to bring up the App View.

If you're using List View, swipe left across the app you want to remove, then tap the red trash button. If you're using Grid View, tap and hold to activate jiggle mode, then tap the X in the top-left corner of the app you want to remove.

Tap Delete App to confirm.

Try this;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch,this frees up a surprisingly large amount of storage space.And without any loss of data.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2021 9:48 AM in response to MjimmyT

Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch to bring up the App View.

If you're using List View, swipe left across the app you want to remove, then tap the red trash button. If you're using Grid View, tap and hold to activate jiggle mode, then tap the X in the top-left corner of the app you want to remove.

Tap Delete App to confirm.

Try this;

Unpair your Apple Watch via the Watch app on your iPhone.

Then Re-pair your Apple Watch,this frees up a surprisingly large amount of storage space.And without any loss of data.

remove apps from watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.